Thanks to the pleasant mint flavor and momentary dissolution on tongue of lingual tablets easy to take, when to swallow conventional tablets is problematic. Motilium, lingual tablets can be used by adults and children older than 5 years.
- Complex of dyspeptic symptoms are often associated with delayed gastric emptying, gastroesophageal reflux disease, esophagitis: - Feeling of fullness in the epigastrium, bloated feeling, pain in the upper abdomen; - Belching, flatulence; - Nausea, vomiting; - Heartburn, belching.
- Nausea and vomiting of functional, organic, infectious origin and caused by radiotherapy, drug therapy, or a violation of the diet.
Specific indication is nausea and vomiting caused by dopamine agonists in the case of Parkinson's disease (such as levodopa and bromocriptine).
- Renal dysfunction;
- Violation of rhythm and conduction of the heart, including lengthening the interval QT, electrolyte disturbances, congestive heart failure.
- Place the tablet on the tongue. Within a few seconds it grows on the surface of the tongue and it can be swallowed with the saliva without water.
- Drug intolerance and its components;
- Prolactin-secreting pituitary tumor (prolactinoma);
- Concomitant use of oral forms of ketoconazole, erythromycin or other potent inhibitors of CYP3A4, causing prolongation of the interval QT, such as fluconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, telithromycin and amiodarone
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, mechanical obstruction or perforation (t. E. When the stimulation of gastric motility can be dangerous);
- Children under 5 years (for a given dosage form);
- Abnormal liver function moderate and severe;
Dosing and Administration:
Inside. It is recommended to to take pills before meals, because their reception after eating may slow down the absorption of domperidone. The duration of continuous use of the drug without the advice of a doctor should not exceed 28 days.
- Adults and children over 12 years old and body weight of 35 kg or more: 1-2 tablets of 10 mg 3-4 times a day. The maximum daily dose - 8 tablets (80 mg).
- Children aged 5 to 12 years and a body weight of 35 kg and over: 1 tablet of 10 mg 3-4 times a day. The maximum daily dose of domperidone - less than 8 tablets (80 mg).
- Use in children Lingual tablets Motilium® shown only for children weighing 35 kg or more, in pediatric practice mainly should be used Motilium® suspension.
- Use in patients with impaired renal function Motilium® dosing frequency should be reduced to 1-2 times a day, depending on the disease severity also may require dose reduction.
Should conduct regular surveys of patients. Use in patients with impaired hepatic function Do not use Motilium® in hepatic dysfunction average and heavy degree. For mild hepatic dysfunction dose adjustment is not required.